Posted by : SimoneGallina™ mercoledì 22 maggio 2013

The Life and Times of Jack Kirby. This book will feature personal photographs, artwork and a never-before-seen play written by Jack.


My grandfather and I.
My grandfather and I.
Hello everyone, I am Jeremy Kirby, Jack Kirby's grandson.  Years ago (1997 to be exact) I wrote a screenplay and shared it with my grandmother.  She did what every grandmother would do after reading her grandson's story and told me how wonderful it was.  But then she stopped for a moment as if pausing to think.  She had me wait where I was and I saw her go into her closet.  She reached into a box that was on a shelf and pulled out a dusty old folder.  She handed it to me and said "your grandfather would have wanted you to have this."  It was a play that he had written.  I have since showed the play to friends of the family and not one had ever heard of its existence.


My grandfather had kept the play to himself for all those years and it is time for it to be brought forth so everyone can enjoy it.  This, combined with hundreds of never-before-seen photographs and personal art from Jack's early years through the 1980's, is a dream that I would like to see come to fruition.


I would like this to be a coffee table sized book reprinting the play in its undisturbed state as well as full color photographs and art.


The pictures here are a sampling of some of the amazing photographs that I have in my collection and would like to share with all of you.


Stop The Panzers
Stop The Panzers


http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1478125734/personal-look-into-the-life-of-jack-kirby-the-king

Leave a Reply

Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

About

Simone Gallina, fondatore di VISUALITY international, illustratore, grafico, fotografo ed artista multimediale, opera su vari progetti in rete ed off-line. Creatore di brand e websites, autore di una serie titoli su Amazon, lavora attualmente all'estero.

Popular Post

Powered by Blogger.

Lettori fissi

- Copyright © GALLINA™ -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by VISUALITY projects -